Sunday, April 5, 2009

In Anticipation of Africa

This is where you can follow my journey, beginning today, seven days before I leave for South Africa. Given that I am a writer and I love the art of conversation (as all of my friends and family will attest), I find myself in the very interesting place of having no adequate words to describe the magnetic and magnificent pull I am feeling to this country. It is not unlike the feeling I experienced immediately after giving birth.

I walk, and have walked a path to inspire others for a number of years now. It is an energetically empowering path to say the least. Yes, I do it because it makes me feel good. It also makes the person with whom I try to inspire feel good, and finally, anyone who witnesses or hears of the particular deed, also feels inspired. It is contagious and addicting. I love it.

Humanity's Team has opened up a door and an awesome opportunity for me. Humanity's Team is a global grassroots movement focused on awakening the world to Oneness. I officially signed up with Humanity's Team about four years ago, and just over a year ago, I became actively involved with this incredible group. This year at the International Oneness Summit being held in Pretoria, South Africa, we (many of us from Humanity's Team) will present Archbishop Desmond Tutu with our annual Spiritual Leadership award. And I will help present this award with other teammates on Saturday, April 18th at Freedom Park in South Africa.

Such exhilaration comes with this whole event, that I've shouted from the highest mountaintop, also know as facebook, twitter, telephone, text messaging, emails, and ordinary conversation to everyone I see, stranger or not. Yesterday someone on twitter asked me how we got Archbishop Desmond Tutu. As a group we thought BIG. We asked. We received the word that Archbishop Tutu would be honored to accept the award. Power of intention at its finest.

Anyway, this is how I will keep you~my friends (old and new) and family updated on this trip. In essence, I will do my best to let you be there with me. Trust me, I will take a bazillion pictures, journal, blog, skype, talk.

love and gratitude,
nannette (scroll down to watch video with Desmond Tutu speaking about Humanity's Team Award.)

Let a Person Walk Alone With Few Wishes, Committing No Wrong, Like an Elephant in the Forest ~ unknown






3 comments:

  1. i am soooo excited for you, what a great opportunity, be safe and enjoy!
    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lorrie. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers and I guarantee you a vicarious trip to South Africa. Today I tied up the guy at the post office for a half hour...he saw the plaque that I was mailing which reads "Spiritual Leadership Award Archbishop Desmond Tutu". He was thrilled to be a small part of this historical occasion. Everybody in the post office cheered me on...I am so blessed! love, nannette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blogs, Nannette. Loved the one about your mother's arms around you.

    ReplyDelete